Sunday, August 5, 2007

just another day in paradise

It has started. Our vacation at Hilton Head. I have already spent some time in the ocean and when I do that I start to relax. It must be the buoyant salt water and the gentle waves that soothe my soul.

Everything is just the same here at the house on Hilton Head. I think that this is the fourth year we have been coming. It is such a comfortable beach house.....just right for two families to do whatever they want to do. It is quiet and peaceful which is just what I like.

I have already had to go back to Savannah. Bubba misunderstood and put my most valuable piece of luggage in the storage house. So I got up early yesterday morning and drove back to retrieve all of the things I needed for our trip. It seems like lately we just haven't been able to pull it all together. We are going in too many directions all of the time.

For the last two nights Robbie has grilled out our supper for us. Everyone is always good and hungry after spending time on the beach. The blessings of good food, family, and
fellowship abound!

One of the best things about being at the beach are the naps. After being on the beach and swimming in the ocean for a while each day the priviledge to sleep in the afternoon is wonderful.

I read these verses among others this morning during my quiet time....most everyone was still sleeping. God's gift of wisdom is much to be desired!

James 3:17 "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace."

No comments: