Monday, February 25, 2008

very very quiet





When Bubba and I sat down to dinner tonight it seemed very strange.
Nobody to tell to eat their beans and rice. Nobody to tell not to beat their cup on the table.
It was just the two of us and it was very, very quiet.
Everybody is gone.....the condo is devoid of toys, and pak and plays, and high chairs, and such.
The crib sheets are washed and put away....no more bottles, and sippy cups, and princess shoes clomping down the hall. The rubber ducky didn't get a bath tonight and all of my shirts that got spit up on are now clean and fresh.
It was a great time. I am tired, but in a good way.
Chidren are refreshing. I love to look at their faces and watch their expressions. They trust completely that we will meet their needs and meet their needs we do.
Having children is a full time job and then some. The rewards come later...much later, but it is God's highest calling to be a mother and a father and to raise productive, well-adjusted adults who love the Lord God Almighty.
I miss hearing you say I Love You......I wish I could hear it right now....

No comments: