Tuesday, February 5, 2008

get well soon, jake

This little boy's name is Jake.
He is on the backside of two heading for three.
He loves "rocket" of Einstein fame, french fries with ketchup, and being outside.
He prays before bedtime.
He loves to go to church on Sunday.
He knows all his "people."
He has an enormous imagination.
He has won our hearts.

Bubba and I are leaving on Thursday to drive to Louisville to pick him up and bring him back to stay with us at the beach for a while. We are very excited to have this honor.

Jake is extremely sick today. He had to go to the doctor and get a huge shot. He was very brave. (or maybe not) I like to think that he was.

I've been praying for his visit for a while. I pray for safety and contentment for him and for patience, strength, and stamina for us.

Proverbs 17:6 "Grandchildren are the crown of old age......"

I heartily agree!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I have 5 grandchildren...I know how hard it is when one of them is not feeling well. Prayers go up from Ohio on Jake's behalf.
~Cherie