Tuesday, February 19, 2008

sitting in the sunshine

The window is open and the sun is shining through. I am sitting here anticipating the arrival of our children any time now so I thought I would write a little bit.

I just returned from town with fresh bread, fresh salsa, and an arm full of red and yellow gerber daiseys. Just looking at them makes me feel happy.

Last week on my birthday I wrote that God is assessible. I want to expound on those verses a little bit.

Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."

This verse assures us that the Lord is near to all who "cry out to Him." God will draw near to all who "seek Him diligently."

Near means "close by." God is close by to all who call upon Him.

But look at the rest of that verse......God is near to all who call upon Him in truth.

This truth is Jesus. We must come to God through Jesus.

One can call out to God his whole life, but if that person is not calling upon Him in truth (Jesus) it is to no avail.

To further strengthen the point:

Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

Man (and woman) in their sin nature are as far away from God as they can possibly be. When Christ sacrificed His life for us, He brought us back to God. He brought us near to God. He did what no one else could do. Jesus made us in a right relationship with our God.

We can draw near to God and He will draw near to us, but only in the truth.

No comments: