Wednesday, February 13, 2008

thoughts on turning sixty

I don't know what I was expecting.....I feel just the same as I did day before yesterday.

I keep wondering when I will "feel" my age. It hasn't happened yet.

I do know that I have learned not to take myself seriously.

It is better and healthier to laugh anyway.

Inside I am still sixteen with lots of hopes and dreams before me.

I am happier and more content than I have ever been.

In a drawer a little red box is hidden. It has $420.00 inside. It is the accumulation of my Christmas and Birthday money. I love knowing it is there.

I eat a little chocolate every day.

I know that I am right with God because of Jesus.

I know where I will spend eternity.

I love pretty things.

I like where I am in life.

I love being a grandmother.

I like the gray hair that shows at my temples.

"I don't know much but I know I love you....that may be all I need to know."

No comments: