Thursday, February 28, 2008

movin in


It looks like it's finally going to happen.....we can start moving our things into our house.

Today we made one trip from the storage unit to the house with both vans full. It didn't even make a dent.

Bubba has taken ill with the "crud"........perfect timing for the move. Of course he says he is not sick...but we will see. He is comatose on the sofa right now.

We won't move in until sometime next week.

We have to buy a refrigerator, but neither of us want that ice and water apparatus on the front, so that purchase will be a challenge.

Winter has crept back in for another short blast, but it will be back in the seventies by the weekend.
The picture above shows the kitchen of our new house.
I am thankful, so very thankful to finally settle into a home again. I will invite everyone to see it as soon as we get halfway settled (so many have expressed their interest).
I am reading a book about Savannah that was written in 1939. It was a gift to my mom from her sister Althea. It is so good....I cannot wait to get into bed and finish it tonight. It is so descriptive of Savannah and the surrounding areas. It is out of print now, so I have a very rare copy. "The Damned Don't Cry" is the title. Oh how I love to read!
More on our all-knowing (omniscient) God tomorrow, Lord willing.


No comments: