Wednesday, February 6, 2008

our stained glass window

Each condo unit has a stained glass window on the deck. I thought the light shining through this morning made for a pretty picture......I share it with you. Paul tells us in the book of Philippians to "dwell on that which is lovely."

Tomorrow we leave for Louisville.....Bubba has promised to take me to Lenox mall as we pass through Atlanta. "Going to Lenox" was always such a fun day trip for me and whoever I could drag along. I so much miss living there.

We will return on Saturday.....all the way home in one day. We figure that is the best way to do the trip with little Jake along. Hopefully we will have enough "entertainment" to keep him happy and content.

He is much better from his illness....the shot must have worked and worked fast.

Psalm 45:1 "My heart overflows with a good theme....."

I read this verse early this morning. I had to stop and read it again and then again. How beautiful. The heart mentioned in the above verse has to be filled with the joy of the Lord.

"A good theme." The truth....the good news of Jesus Christ. When this life is over, after we have fought and perservered and won the race, we will have perfect peace and rest. Everything will be as it was meant to be.

"My heart overflows," If we know this truth and believe it by faith then we cannot keep it hidden inside. It will overflow. It will come out and bless those all around.

Oh what a blessing these unexpected nuggets of truth are to a believer such as me.

I am slowly getting better. The last two days I have felt better than I have in many, many months. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

My love to you....cathy

No comments: