Monday, February 18, 2008

"hurled headlong"

This is a picture of our new house.

I think it is very "Southern Living." I want to put two black rocking chairs on the porch.

I am very excited to have a house again and to get all of our things out of storage.

It will be like Christmas for me.

David, Erika, Lucy, and Harry are on their way to Savannah. They are passing through Ohio right now. We expect them tomorrow right after lunch.

Psalm 37: 23-24 "The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand."

Jake is two and I insist that he hold my hand when we are in dangerous places. He doesn't always like it, but he is mostly obedient. When he holds my hand I protect him from harm.

Amazing friends....the Lord holds our hand. He protects us from being "hurled headlong" into danger.

Notice also that it is God who establishes our steps, who leads us in the pathways that we should walk down.

O, I love this.....When I am in "His steps," He "delights in my way." Is not that truth one to have on our minds as we go to rest tonight?

sweet dreams.....c

No comments: