Saturday, April 11, 2009

39 years ago

Today, thirty-nine years ago, Bubba and I got married.
A four o'clock ceremony and a reception at the church and we were off to Florida with a car full of dreams.

We made a short stop by the hospital to repair my knee which was left behind in the getaway and off we went into the April sunset. Check out last April's post to see a complete description of this escapade.

What a wonderful, exciting life we have shared.

We were to take a cruise this spring, but there are other, more pressing financial needs at this time. The good thing is, I can still plan and look forward to that great adventure.

As I spend time with our children and grandchildren I realize the blessings of God in my life. As I sit and look out at the ocean I know that my dreams are fulfilled.

Thank you Bubba for making my dreams come true.

The first friend I made after we moved to Fayetteville was at Tybee today camping with her family. Thank you Jan for the walk and the talk and your continued friendship.

In closing I would like to say.............My mind cannot fathom the depth of the love of God toward His chosen ones........ that He would send His Son to reconcile us with His shed blood back to the Father so that we can spend eternity with Him.

It is too much for me to grasp and my words of praise are too feeble.

Jesus is risen.....Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christ the LORD IS risen today!!!
AMEN & AMEN!!!!!!!!!!Glad we have had not repeats this escapade....we
don't need anyone else in the hospital.
ecd