Tuesday, April 21, 2009

walking at wormsloe

Eli and I are walking down a breathtaking avenue lined with live oak trees leading to the tabby ruins of Wormsloe, the colonial estate constructed by Noble Jones, one of Georgia's first settlers.

This is probably one of the most photographed places in Savannah.

This photo is a favorite of mine.....surrounded by God's majestic beauty a grandmother and her grandson stroll leisurely down the lane. Notice the dirty foot and the pink egg clutched in his hand. Also notice the dirt on the seat of his pants.

Colonial Savannah is so interesting to me and the city is full of it's history. Sometimes I find myself alone in the squares downtown soaking it all in. I love to look at the historic houses and imagine myself back in time.

Now....a complete change of subject:

My favorite beach comforter was stolen out of the dryer at the other condo. The housekeeper had washed and dried it at the business and brought it back to put on the bed. It was still a little damp so she put it in the dryer on our floor. Within ten minutes it was gone.

I know it seems like a small thing, but it was a favorite of mine and it had sentimental value. Plus it matched the decor so well. Oh well.....just thought I would tell you.

World War II............The Winds of War...........I love it. I can talk to Bubba endlessly about the war because he is a military man. Brilliant in his knowledge of such things. I am learning alot that I didn't know before. That is my quest for the rest of my life.

Without further ado I will say good-night.....must get back to reading.

cc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Bubba =/= Brilliant

Cathy Cleland said...

Would you explain what =/= means?

Probably "a bubba does not equal brilliance."

Let me say that brilliant was probably too strong a word to use in this context, but he does know more about war than I do.