Sunday, December 5, 2010

5 on the fifth of december

on the way to church this morning.........
see how long her hair has gotten.......

she likes to read in the car like I do........
~
Being five is wonderful according to Lucy.......
She can read
do math
ride her bike in the cul de sac
beat her grammy at tic tac toe
eat and really enjoy it
pray a hardy prayer for her sister in Ethiopia
consistently share with her brother.
~
Lucy....what a wonderful, extraordinary joy you are to all of us.
Can't wait until Thursday night
when we roast marshmallows in the backyard
and eat birthday cake and open presents.
~
In the meantime,
I will try to convince your granddaddy that you are five now
and not still four.
He really is "confused" isn't he?
~
I love you,
grammy



2 comments:

Cherie said...

Cathy, I read this with a lump in my throat. What a beautiful little girl she is! And what a wonderful grammy you are to this perfect child and her little brother. I am also praying for new little sister.

From one Grammy to another. :)
Cherie

Cathy Cleland said...

Thank you Cherie.....It is so wonderful to be a grammy. I have my two grandsons here this week.
They really keep me hopping.
I love all of them so much.
Thank you for the prayers for our faraway one. Can't wait until I get to hold her.