Friday, December 17, 2010

old things........

things that belonged to people I loved.
I cherish these because they make me remember.
This plate belonged to Aunt Dottie.
Aunt Dottie loved Christmas.
She couldn't wait to open her presents.
She wanted her dessert as soon as she finished her meal.
She is missed in this season.....
her smile, her "I love you's," her generosity.

Last night I watched "White Christmas"all the way through.
I think that's the first time I've ever done that.
Tonight, while I wrap gifts, I will watch "It's a Wonderful Life."
They don't make movies like these anymore.

All of the time I have written this blog,
I have had one purpose.
That purpose would be
to encourage all of you readers
to love God's word and to read it daily.

Listen to this....

"For whatever was written in earlier times
was written for our instruction,
that through perseverance
and the encouragement of the Scripture
we might have hope."
Romans 15:4

Hope.....
We need hope to live another day,
and we find that hope and encouragement
in the pages of the book that God wrote for us.

Devour the Bible.
Love it,
long for it,
believe what it says,
and live by it.

No comments: