Monday, December 20, 2010

"in believing"

When I was a little girl,
I really did believe in Santa Claus.
My uncle Dan, who lived across the street,
Would come and beat on the side of the house.
My parents would warn that Santa was ready to come
but couldn't until I went to bed and to sleep.

Even when I found a Santa gift in the trunk of our car,
I wouldn't stop believing.
Somehow I justified it being there.
That "Santa came" was an ideal I had a lot of trouble letting go of.

I think that's why I still have such high excitement about Christmas.
A little tiny part of me still believes Santa comes, and always will.

I read this very early in my day....

And again Isaiah says.....
"There shall come the root of Jesse,
And He who arises to rule over the Gentiles.,
In Him shall the Gentiles
hope."

Now may the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may abound in hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15: 12& 13

Now I believe in Jesus, the root of Jesse.
All of my hope rests in Him.

"Thanks be to God for His inexpressible gift."
II Corinthians 9:15

love tonight,
cathy

2 comments:

3monkeys said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at all your Christmas pictures. We had the nativity story with the kids reenacting at my parents house. Such a wonderful tradition! Most of all, I appreciated this post on HOPE! It has been a difficult year for our family; Justin's mom went to be with her Savior after a 13 month battle with pancreatic cancer. My son, Carson, lost a friend of his to cancer as well. He grabbed onto the word "HOPE", made a sign with it and pasted on pictures of Gwama and his friend. We see the word HOPE everywhere at Christmas. We've had great conversations with our kids around this and are so thankful that because of Christ we can assure them there is hope of heaven. Thanks for your reminders from Romans. Happy New Year to your sweet family! We're praying for baby Mae to join you all soon.

Brook Culbertson

Cathy Cleland said...

Oh Brook....How sweet and kind are your words. It is so hard when we lose loved ones and especially for the little ones. It is so good that we can teach them from God's word that death is not the end. We have sure hope that we will see our family and friends in heaven if they are in Christ. The manger scene reenactment is always a high point for us too. would love to see a picture of yours! We can't wait to hold Mae! Happy New Year to all of you....and congratulations on your new little one....much love, cathy