Wednesday, December 29, 2010

memories of christmas eve




Christmas Eve dawned bright and early....
a beautiful day.
I met my Dad and Frankie for breakfast
and then out to put poinsettias and a wreath on my mom's grave.
~
Our Creator makes everything beautiful for the seasons, doesn't He?
It is no accident that this brilliant red flower
blooms just in time for Christmas every year.
Probably He was thinking ahead to when Jesus would die
and shed His precious blood on our behalf.
~
Walking into our church
for the Christmas Eve service took my breath away.
The front was filled with poinsettias....
again that reminder of what the
tiny baby Jesus born in a manger would do for us.
~
Our pastors read Scripture and we sang Christmas carols.
It was simple and beautiful.
Words about our King....
the glory and the majesty and the wonder of Him
who came to this earth to die.
~
Dinner with our family at Johnny Harris
and then home to put out a few things
that would thrill Jake and Eli and Lucy and Harry the next morning.
~
What a beautiful, God-honoring day it was.
I went to bed filled with thankfulness
for the overwhelming blessings that He has bestowed on us.
~
In the afternoon
while I was getting dressed for the service,
my windows were open letting in fresh, cool air.
I heard a loud shout and then another.
I paused and thought to myself,
could it be, could He be coming back today?
I Thessalonians 4:16
~
Even so Lord, come quickly!
Revelation 22:20
cathy

No comments: