Saturday, July 23, 2011

everybody needs....

a little break now and then.
Those blogs
just weren't dancing around in my head
this week as they usually do.

So here goes another round.
Thanks for not giving up on me.

I am reading,
not straight through but intermittently,
Faith Tried and Triumphant,
a commentary on the book of Habakkuk
 in the Old Testament
by Martyn Lloyd Jones.
As I have stated before,
he has been my mentor for many years.

I have found in my Christian life,
when I am struggling the most,
God always takes me somewhere,
either in His word or a trusted book,
that speaks directly to what my problem is.

I always whisper to Him, "How did you know?"
And then I am ashamed because of course He knows,
I am His child
and He loves me with a love
I have no means to comprehend.

Waiting on God's Answer

"I will stand upon my watch,
and set me upon the tower,
and I will watch to see what He will say unto me,
and what I will answer when I am reproved."
Habakkuk 2:1

This is so amazing.
In the previous blog
I mentioned a tower
with a bright red telescope at the top.

In my struggle this past week
God gave me a beautiful way to remember
that He is in control of my circumstances
and a way to picture this vividly in my mind.

Climb up that tower,Cathy,
and set up a watch. 
Gaze into that telescope
at the face of God
and wait for His response.

He is testing my faith right now.
He has provided precious words
and a stunning word picture
to help me remember what I have to do.

Thank you my heavenly Father!
cathy

No comments: