Friday, July 15, 2011

remember me

The yellow rose means "remember me,"
"i miss hearing from you," "i love you."
These lovelies have graced my house this week.

It has rained wonderful rain all day today.
Great big,
dark,
thunderous clouds
have hung around tempting me to be still and quiet.

I love days like this....
been recuperating and napping for the last couple of days.
Perfect weather for doing that.

The full moon this month was the "Thunder Moon."
I know exactly why it has that name....
it thundered all night last night
as it usually does this time of the year.

I love the summer.
Even if it is hot I love it.
So enjoying the long bike rides
on these endless summer evenings.
(before the sickness set in)

When I am laying in my bed propped up on pillows,
(like Camille)
I can see a river.
On the river sits a little boat.
Not modern and sleek,
but old and boxy with a little cover over it.
Sometimes I dream of getting on that boat
and sailing away like Wynken and Blynken and Nod
to an island far away where it never gets cold.

A dreamer....that's me.
c

No comments: