Monday, July 25, 2011

skirting the issue

I love skirts....
have collected many over the years.
Bought this one just last week.
It is a pinkish tea~stained color.
very old...anitiquish looking.
I love it...
plan to wear it with a denim jacket in the fall.

I started in March selling my old clothes on e-bay.
I have made just short of $800.00 in that time.
All money made will be saved for something wonderful.
What?
I don't know yet.

The goal is to not buy any more clothes
(except for that skirt)
anytime soon.

One more thing about Skirt.

There is a magazine by that name in Savannah.
It is by far the most feminist rag sheet I have ever seen.
I grab one occasionally out of curiousity and read
when I treat myself to coffee in a sunny coffee shop
just to see how other women think,
and it's not pretty.

The thing that amuses me the most in this paper
that touts a woman
to love herself as she is
and accept her imperfections as beautiful,
is that it is absolutely chock full of ads for,
plastic surgeons,
botox,
face and tummy lifts,
fad diets,
and every conceivable trick
to make yourself appear younger and more desirable.
What deception....

I am not deceived and I will not
"skirt the issue" of getting older.
It is happening to me at a rapid pace.
Nothing can change the procession of age
and I wouldn't want it to.

The Bible says
"Let your beauty be
the hidden person of the heart
with the imperishable beauty
of a gentle and quiet spirit
which in God's sight is very precious."
I Peter 3:4

God's beauty is imperishable.
That, friends, should be what we seek after.
A gentle, quiet spirit is forever,
will never go away.
And, it is precious in God's sight.
I love this.
cathy

No comments: