Tuesday, July 26, 2011

library book day

It's the smell that hits me first.
When I open the door, there it is.
The smell of paper and glue and print.
My heart quickens just a little
as I head up the stairs to the second floor.
Ever since I was a little girl I've loved the library.

Today I chose four books...
one about World War I,
one about WW II,
a book set in the times of the Puritans,
and a book about an earthquake zone.

This is a miracle,
a hard fought battle....
Bubba and I are very close to being completely out of debt.
Something we've been working on for a while now.
I never thought we would get there.
And let me tell you,
It is only by the grace of God that we stand in this place.

Not buying expensive books
is one little corner that I started cutting
and by doing that
I became reacquainted with the library.
Love, love, love the printed word.

Road Trip
In the morning we are driving to Lanexa.
Going to spend a few days with Mark and Amanda
and then will bring Jake and Eli home for a visit with us.

On the road again....
can't wait!
cathy

No comments: