Thursday, July 14, 2011

this one's about Lu

There are pictures
and then there is this picture.
It speaks volumes & volumes of our precious Lucy.
What a gift,
what a treasure she is.

This was taken on the Sunday afternoon of her dance recital.
She had begged not to take a nap.
Visions of her first public performance still danced in her head.
She asked if she could just rest & read.

She insisted that her "pink dancing roses" be nearby.
You can see "much loved puppy" upside down in her arms,
and you can barely see "zzz zzz jessie" under her head.
Also notice Gus,
the authentic Ethiopian doll,
sitting at attention on the other side of the bed.

Book folded....light blazing,
she was asleep within seconds.
She didn't even know how tired she was.

Yesterday morning
I presented to her house sick
to take her to swim lessons.
I told her I was going to the doctor.
She fell very silent,
not at all like her usual self on the way to the swimming pool.
She said,
"Grammy, I will pray for you until you get well."

I love that little girl with all my heart.

No comments: