Sunday, April 26, 2015

big enough



"I have been feeling very downhearted lately,
and what I want to write about
is the sea.

It contains so many colors.
Silver at dawn, green at noon,
dark blue in the evening.
Sometimes it looks almost red,
or it will turn the color of old coins.

Right now the shadows of clouds are dragging across it.
and patches of sunlight
are touching down everywhere..
White strings of gulls drag over it like beads.

The ocean is my favorite thing, I think,
 that I have ever seen.
Sometimes I find myself staring at it
 and forget my duties.
It seems big enough to contain everything anyone could ever feel."

"All the Light We Cannot See"
Anthony Doerr

I am done!
Overwhelmed....
lost a friend,
want to start reading this book all over again.
It spoke my heart!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love to go away on short trips,
but it is always so good to get home again.
I love my bed,
my pillow,
my percolator,
my favorite chair,
my backyard full of green grass.
Nothing compares with the comfort of home.

Thankful tonight for this place of rest
that God has given us.


No comments: