Tuesday, June 9, 2020

bless the Lord, O my soul


"Bless the Lord, O my soul; 
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits."
Psalm 103: 1&2

Every morning before I pray, I read a portion of the Psalms from God's word.
Yesterday I came to Psalm 103.
The verses above took my breath away.
Bubba always quoted them to me...
sometimes before we prayed, sometimes at random times.
I hear his voice when I read them.

To me, these verses are the epitome of overcoming life's anxieties.
When we remember to bless God and thank Him for all of His mercies,
we are allowing Jesus to heal our broken heart.
He is sovereign over all of life's circumstances.
We accept His rule over us and let Him lead and guide as He wishes.

Thank you, Bubba for always pointing me to Scripture.
Even though you aren't here with me anymore,
you have left me your words from His word that smooth my anxious spirit.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!!!

No comments: