Saturday, June 6, 2020

right back at it


I made a quick trip into town this morning
 with the sole purpose of buying some flowers to replace the ones the deer looted last week.
I came away with theses vincas and 10 bales of pine straw.


The rest of my weekend will consist of making things right in my yard.

I also purchased these deterrents...


I already had this Spray Away.
Now I need to figure out how to use it.


It's muggy hot and close to raining but...
I will at least get started just as soon as I finish eating my banana and hydrating myself.

On a sort of side note, there are things I cannot do.
I bought a new spray hose nozzle, but I can't get the old one off.
No strength in my wrists.
Oh well, I'll just wait for someone that does have strength in their wrists to happen along.
Maybe Harry?
Harry is strong and mighty.
He can climb to the top of the highest tree before you even realize he left the ground.



My faithful and very knowledgeable yard man fertilized and cut my grass two weeks ago.
It is a lush green carpet today.
Some things are easy when someone else helps you out!

🥀🦌

Addendum to my earlier post:
So I was working in the yard, filling a lawn bag with debris.
I reached down to pick up what I thought was a stick.
Ya'll, it was a small copperhead snake.
I came inside to get a shovel.
He was still right where I left him.
It took quite a fight between him and me but I finally killed him.
Tina's dad came over to help and he threw him down the storm drain.
Oh my...maybe my yard work is over and I still have ten bales of pine straw in my vehicle.
Really scared me.

😟














No comments: