Sunday, June 14, 2020

i know I'm obsessed but...


...my yard brings me so much pleasure.
My friend came yesterday.
He cut and edged and trimmed bushes and made everything picture perfect.
I  put out three more bales of pine straw.
I can't stop staring. 
I go from window to window to look at it from every angle.


My yard is gorgeous if I do say so myself.
Getting ready to head back outside because the weather is delightful.
Feels like spring to me.
So far the deer haven't come back.
I have replanted what they destroyed.


I don't know the name of this plant.
I thought it was Pamplovia,
 but I can't find it on my computer so that's probably not right.
Anyway, I love my yard!
It makes me so happy.

My God and my Father never forgets to bless my heart,
to calm my spirit, 
to make me gasp at the glory and wonder of His truth.
I need to be constantly reminded, as I miss Bubba every day, 
that he is in heaven with Jesus.
His passing from this life mid-afternoon on Saturday, February 29, 2020,
was not random.
God knew the last day of his life from eternity past.
In the fullness of his days, He called him home.
It was his time.
He finished his race.
He went home peacefully, quietly, quickly, without a backward glance.
He left everything behind. 
He didn't need one thing from this world to make his passage.
The only needful thing was his faith in Jesus Christ's shed blood on his behalf.

I saw this on Facebook this morning.
It took my breath away.

Sudden Death is Sudden Glory.
Charles Spurgeon

My husband is not dead.
He is more alive than he has ever been.
I miss him but I am excited for him as well.
I think about where he is and what he is doing all the time!

If you haven't already, get yourself a copy of the book
Heaven
by Randy Alcorn.
Read it and then read it again and again.
I can't put it down.
It makes me long to be there.

❤️






No comments: