Friday, June 19, 2020

to amanda on her birthday


Here we are at the beach just months before our lives would change forever.
We never pictured a life without your Dad.
His sudden death was not even a thought in our minds.

You have been a constant in my life since the last day of February.
You came as soon as I called and said,
"It doesn't look good."

Thank you for holding me up when I could barely stand,
for talking for me when I didn't have any words,
for providing for me what I didn't know I needed, 
for telling me the truth when I didn't want to hear it,
for walking with me in the
 "Valley of the shadow of death."

You came again this past Monday.
You've made so many trips up and down I-95.
You said to me,
"Mom you're getting better."
I said back, 
"I know."

Your heart got broken too that day almost four months ago. 
You are so much like your dad.
You loved him so much.
He adored his sweet little girl.

Thank you, Thank you, dear daughter of mine.
Happy Birthday!
I Love You!
Mom

❤️

(photo by eli)


No comments: