Tuesday, October 21, 2008

after the storms


I spent some time on the beach today while Lucy, and Jake, and Bubba were napping.
Much to my surprise I found that the beach was in the process of being renourished.
Every year the storms take a toll on the beach and wash much of the sand out to sea. Huge machinery comes and sets up shop on the beach to funnel this sand back up onto the shore.
All of the entrances to the beach from our condo were blocked off and I had to lug my chair and my book a long distance just to find a place to set up camp. Soon I found myself walking on the little bit of beach that was left because of high tide.
Much to my delight each mammoth wave was delivering up beautiful, whole conch shells, star fish, and other interesting items. In one of the pictures above you can see a sampling of my treasures.
Lucy is spending the night with Jake tonight. We spent a good bit on time after dinner skipping stones into the pond behind our house. Both of them have a right fair pitching arm.
Several thoughts on Jake's "Royal Potty." It plays music when a deposit is made. It goes everywhere we go. Sometimes it plays music when no one is near it. Lucy has taken a liking to it. Granddaddy is the one who ends up carrying it.................they love it and they use it. That's what counts.
Grammy is tired tonight.....very tired. I'm going to bed right now. I'll clean up the toys in the morning.
night, night......g

No comments: