Thursday, October 23, 2008

in the bushes


This is our newest game. After we eat supper, we go out back and play "in the bushes." Grammy has to be a part of this game.
Lucy and Jake run and hide in the bushes by our house and I have to go and find them. They are always very obvious, but I have to pretend that I don't see their sweet faces grinning from ear to ear. They become ecstatic when I finally spot them. This game goes on and on until I drop from exhaustion.
The evening meal for Jake is always spaghetti. The first day he arrives, granddaddy makes a big pot of this tasty dish. He eats it every night he is here without fail. He never tires of it and he downs it in a flash. The clean-up of him, his clothes, his seat, the table, and the floor is extensive. Then he asks for a sippy cup of chocolate milk. What a mixture.
Bedtime is 8:00 sharp. There is a routine of potty chairing, teeth brushing, medicine taking, bath and hair washing, in a tub filled with bubbles and lots of various kind of fish. Then he gets read to. Right now it is the book "At the Beach" that has caught his fancy. It must be read two or three times at least.
After the prayer and the last kiss goodnight and his sweet "I love you" grammy and granddaddy, we turn out the light and do a little jig.
My body groans with tiredness. It begs for relaxation....I'm in bed before nine and sound asleep soon thereafter. What is amazing, though, is that in the morning I am ready to start it all over again.
All you have to say is "I love you" and I am yours forever.
Sweet dreams little man, I love you too.......grammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, you do a great job!!!