Thursday, October 2, 2008

getting lost in atlanta

I lived in this city for eighteen years....I don't think that I ever got lost.
Maybe one time down around Newnan, but that doesn't really count.

Today when Erika and I got a shot at freedom to go shop without the babies, I got us lost.
We made it to Ballard Designs, but from there it was downhill all the way.
I knew when I could no longer see the skyline of Atlanta that I was headed in the wrong direction.

The sad thing is that we had Erika's Magellen.....the handheld computer that gives explicit directions.

She gets annoying some times with her droning voice, but she usually does a pretty good job of getting you where you desire to go. Not today.

We finally came out in west Atlanta on I 285.

We came back to our hotel in defeat.......the men could not believe that we were home already and the babies were still napping.

Oh well.....such is life on the road. It did pain me to waste all of that expensive gasoline.

Tomorrow we go to the Aquarium and then back home......

What a wonderful time we have had here in my old hometown.

I love trips!!!!!

Cathy

No comments: