Tuesday, September 30, 2008

love that never fails

Tomorrow morning at 8:o6 am is the one year anniversary of my mother's death. This morning Lucy and I took some flowers to her grave site. We also left a mini white pumpkin there.

I am convinced that one never gets over the death of their mother. When I least expect it, a sense of sadness and loss will overcome me. I miss her more now than I did when she died.

I wish she had been able to get to know these wonderful little personalities that are her great grandchildren. I want to call her and relay the latest news. I want to tell her how our family has fallen apart since she left us and find solace there.

Moma would have been so sad....it would have broken her heart.

Nothing could have prepared me for what has happened in my family.....I face it only with the grace and faithfulness of my Lord which is new every morning.

"Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me. This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 20 - 23.

Everything else may fail, but God's love for His chosen ones never fails. I move forward in that one extraordinary truth. To God be the glory!!!!

Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holding you close in prayer today Cathy.

Margaret