Sunday, September 21, 2008

sometimes you just need roses

He brought them to me yesterday.......he knew that I was sad and he wanted to cheer me up.

Of course they were totally unexpected.....he picks his times to surprise me very carefully.

Thanks Bubba for knowing me so well and caring so much when I hurt.

For the first time in my life I am getting better. God has taken me through some real times of testing in these last few years and all I can say is that I am learning to put my complete trust in Him and His Son Jesus Christ. I can almost feel the tension and anxiety melting away from my body.

It is a time of great triumph in Him and I am so thankful that God has given me such spiritual richness in these ongoing terrible times with my family. (yes, I am still in the midst of them)

I know that there will be tough times ahead and that I have much more to learn of His grace and His ways. Life in this world will always be full of conflict, but it is what lies ahead for us in heaven that keeps me going.

I know that it is being in the scripture so much that has made the difference in my life. It comes from knowing God and His plan and His ways through His word that saves me from a life of torment.

I cannot count all of the blessings that have come to me through these terrible years. They make the bad days pale in comparison. I wish I could convey these things to everyone I know. I know joy in spite of the meaness......I know love and I know that I am loved.

Every Sunday God has something for me in the message.....today it was this:

"As the grinding edge of undeserved suffering makes close contact with our lives, our response will cause us to become either a more polished vessel (i.e., Christ-like), or else it will mar us with a deeper root of bitterness. In short we will either become holy or bitter, depending on our response to undeserved suffering."

Trusting God and being in His word makes all of the difference.

In love, Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Someone must really love you!!!