Thursday, September 18, 2008

home is where we are

This is the one and only picture that was taken of our trip. We had stopped by the side of highway A1A just north of Daytona. Note if you will the coral colored sand and the Caribbean blue water. It was absolutely beautiful.

We spent our honeymoon in Daytona at the Hawaiian Inn. Not much has changed there in the last 38 years. It is still kind of seedy with a large biker influence. We did ride by the Daytona International Speedway which will thrill some of you readers out there I am sure.......huge place!

The A1A route thrilled me even though so much of the view of the ocean is now hidden by high-rises and beachfront homes. Thankfully there is a national seashore preserve for much of the way where there is nothing but a wilderness. The ocean is maybe twenty feet at the most from the road.

We stopped in St Augustine for a couple of hours. Bubba bought an old cigar box for three dollars and I found a little shop which carried the olive soap and body lotion that is my passion.

So much fun.....these road trips off the beaten path of the interstate. I like to ride and look at all of the sights. We are planning to tour the United States this way. We want to go all the way around the circumference of our beautiful land.

As always, it is good to be home......but I can't wait to go again.

wander lust is me.....cathy

No comments: