Monday, September 1, 2008

back at the beach

I need to let Bubba's injury picture move on. He really illicited some good comments and I like that very much.

It is good to be sitting over the Atlantic ocean again. There is something out there stirring her up, but I'm not quite sure what it is. Hanna is too far south and Gustav is too far west. Maybe she is just restless because of all of the tropical activity out there.

I love this kind of weather.....cloudy and windy. The ocean is gun metal gray with large and tumultuous waves. The air is salty and sticky and full of moisture.

Hopefully by tomorrow all of the Labor Day tourists will clear out and there will be no one on the beach. I wait patiently for the vacationers to leave so that it belongs just to me again.

On the way to the beach today I stopped by for a visit with Aunt Dottie and I found her happily crocheting a baby blanket. One of her nurses is expecting a girl in November and she has started one for her.

Aunt Dot is 89 and still in relatively good health. She had stopped crocheting several years ago due to shaking hands so I hope this one turns out good so that she will keep it up.

I rolled her down to her bingo game before I left.

There is a little girl sleeping tonight in the next room. She is a blessed light in my life. I bought a big floor puzzle of a shark and we have put it together three times. We have eaten our Carey Hilliards bar-b-que. We have read our books and had our goodnight kisses.

We will play on the beach tomorrow if the weather allows. If it doesn't we will watch from the deck.

All is well here by the ocean.

Rest from your labors tonight.

God is in control.

cathy

No comments: