Tuesday, September 16, 2008

darting lizards

Hi everyone.....we are down in sunny Florida enjoying ourselves immensely.
Last night I ate a pound of crab legs all by myself.......delightful!

We arrived at our villa late yesterday afternoon. After getting checked in we decided to survey the property and see what beauty we could behold.

Lo and behold, as we were walking down a sidewalk between a perfectly manicured lawn, these lizards started darting across in front of us. Not just one, but many of them having a heyday. They were not afraid of us....they didn't run from us. As you may suspect, I freaked out, right out in public.

Bubba gave the order for me to walk behind him which I did.......I guess his reasoning was that if one darted on someone, it would be him.

I made it safely out of that situation and haven't returned to that area. I'll tell you this, nothing could have prepared me for those darting lizards.

On our way home we are going to ride up the coast on highway A1A.

This road traverses the ocean for miles and miles. I am so excited about doing this. I want to find an old motel that is on a deserted strip of beach and spend the night. I want to see all the old sights, maybe take some unique pictures, and just lay on the sand.

A long time ago we took this route when my family went down to Hollywood, Florida for vacation. I remember one time our suitcase blew off of the top of our creme-colored Chevy II station wagon. When we stopped and got out to retrieve our skivvies, there were no other cars in sight.

I know it will have changed alot with all of the ugly high-rise condominiums that have been built, but maybe I will still be able to see glimpses of the past along the way.

I hope so.....cathy

No comments: