Thursday, September 25, 2008

my calendar

A dear friend of mine e-mailed me the other night with a date for a possible time for us to get together. She lives out of town and we have been trying to do this for a while. The two of us as well as some other of our friends from high school all turned sixty this year......can you imagine that?

I told her in a return e-mail that I would pencil her in on my calendar for a certain date in November.

The next day I got to thinking about what I had said so prim and properly......"I will pencil you in on my calendar."

My calendar, dear readers, is an absolute joke. It is twelve pieces of paper run off from the computer and held together with a fancy orange and yellow paper clip. It is the worst looking thing I have ever seen.

My calendar sits right here in front of my computer....I scribble on it, take down phone numbers, manage the condos, write down e-mail addresses, street addresses, and addresses of places I want to visit.

I have people's diagnoses, how to get rid of deer, long numbers that I have no idea what they mean, zip codes for unknown addresses, and whatever else kind of nonsense I have jotted down.

I even have this written down:

"Sunday's child is full of grace." Why? I don't know

I have a church e-mail address, several number count-downs, and that I turned sixty on February 12th. (as if I didn't know)

I don't think I've got a snooty bone in my body, but I was sure sounding uppity when I said I would "pencil her in."

Don't go out and buy a super duper "let's get organized" calendar for me please.

I like it just the way it is. It's me.......and I keep up with things pretty well.

Night, night Cathy

ps.....sometimes I don't know what the date of the day is.......but that's okay, isn't it?

No comments: