Friday, September 12, 2008

a walk in the dunes

Another picture from our photo shoot on Thursday.
These little ones are such a blessing from the Lord.

The Hollingsworth family is back home in Virginia after spending the week here in Savannah with us. There is that strange quietness that settles over everything when they leave.

We all made good use of the beach as summer is still here in abundance. I haven't yet detected that subtle change in the atmosphere that holds the promise of cooler weather.

I had to go into town early this morning, but I was so tired I could hardly function. I made my way back home and into the bed to fall into a deep sleep for about three hours......I woke up feeling like a new woman........I thank God for the rejuvenation that rest brings to our bodies.

Harry's birthday party was a huge success......we did have twenty people around our tables last evening. It was loud and boistrous with lots of balloons and laughter. Harry wore his happy birthday crown and was as good as he could be. I have some pictures that I will share.....maybe tomorrow, when I get a chance to put them in my computer.

Tonight there is a terrible storm in the Gulf of Mexico.......

The clouds poured out water; the skies gave forth thunder; Your arrows flashed on every side. The crash of Your thunder was in the whirlwind; Your lightenings lighted up the worlds; the earth trembled and shook. Psalm 77: 17 - 18

Let's pray for the people who are being affected........May God have mercy.

No comments: