Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the tybee post office

I went to the Tybee post office just a little while ago.

I love small town post offices because they are the hub of the town.

Everyone knows one another and it is "old home week" for all who come in.

We still get mail at Tybee in our po box so we are in and out a lot.

Today the place was ablaze with talk of the coming of Hurricane "Hanna."

There is definitely an undercurrent of excitement in the air as we all scurry around asking, "What do you think she's going to do?"

I heard someone say, "Of course we will lose power." And then someone else chimed in and said, "We have a generator......come to our house for hot coffee."

I know from experience that the aftermath of a storm is not nearly so cheery as the promise of it's coming.

Hurricane David in 1979 left us without power for well over a week. It is no fun as you swelter in the heat and humidity and thrist for something cold to drink.

Bubba and I going to the beach to swim and soak up some more rays........I will write more tonight as I journal the coming of the "one who languishes in the Caribbean."

from beach bum cathy

No comments: