Sunday, February 22, 2009

a day to rest...

He relented......I got a day to rest, he and David are resting too. Thank you!

Tonight will be the last night we spend at this house. I am so ready to be done. Moving is hard work.

Please pardon my lack of blogging......I know how frustrating it is to keep checking to no avail.

Of course you can always find me on facebook. I am fascinated by the number of friends and family that are coming on. It is so good to catch up with long lost people......people I would not otherwise have ever communicated with. It is definitely a distraction from work.

I am continuing to work through the family issues that are ever before me. This is without a doubt the hardest spiritual battle I have ever been engaged in.

By spiritual battle I mean that every grain of my flesh (human nature) does not want to do the things that God tells me to do in His word.

I have never understood what "suffering with Christ" means. Even with the trials that have been ongoing for the last several years, I have never really thought that I was "suffering." People who give their lives on the mission field suffer.....people who have an incurable disease suffer.... people who lose a child suffer, but not me.

"The spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, in order that we may be glorified with Him." Romans 8: 16 & 17

David shared this quote with me. It is by David Kellar in THE REASON FOR GOD.

"Forgiveness is painful because when we say that we forgive we are saying that we will bear the pain of not getting the justice we deserve."

It is putting all of my human needs and desires in this family situation in God's hands to let Him deal with it His way and on His time table. It is not continuing to seek justice or even a kind word. It is finally acknowledging that there is nothing I can do about any of the degradations that have been uttered against us.

I tell you....... forgiveness is hard. I am suffering............but it is for the good of my soul. What I've learned through this is worth more than diamonds and fine gold. God is good and His way is without error.

It is through suffering that we learn the best lessons in life. I will always be a student....always.

cathy

No comments: