Wednesday, February 25, 2009

a lesson to be learned

I can't get my mind completely around "suffering with Christ." I wrote on this a couple of days ago.

It is one of those concepts that is there in my brain, but without my full understanding. It kind of comes, spins around for a while, and then takes flight.

I think God is teaching me something amazing through the ordeal with my family.

As Christians, followers of Christ, believers, we all suffer the trials that come with living our lives......pain, death, separation to name a few. None of us escape from that kind of suffering, and God has promised not to give us more than we can bear.

I am beginning to think that the above is not the meaning of "suffering with Christ."

When we "suffer with Christ," we quietly suffer the injustices and the persecution that come with obeying God's word. We do what God tells us no matter what the cost to our "self." We trust ourselves and our situation to God Almighty without hesitation.

Think about this for a while.

We suffer the way He suffered when we do what is right and are reviled for doing so. I don't know for sure if I am right, but I am eager for His lesson to me to continue.

I love Jesus for taking us through the hard things and then blessing us with understanding. I praise God for His Holy Spirit that works in our hearts to enable us to learn His hard truths.

We are still moving..... packing and loading and unloading. We have to be done at the house on Saturday, the last day of the month. We are worn out and everything we've got hurts, but it is good to work and feel the benefits of hard labor.

Sleep is good and a sweet reward for a hard day's work.

Cathy

No comments: