Monday, February 16, 2009

of families and jets falling out of the sky

I don't like jet planes....they strike fear in my heart.

A recurring dream of mine is of a huge plane doing a nose dive to the earth before my eyes. I am never killed only struck dumb with fear.

The horror of what happened in Buffalo, New York, last Thursday night shows what can really happen and it also reveals the suddenness of instant death.

You don't see it coming even for a second.

"Come now, you who say, today or tomorrow, we shall go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit. Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."
James 4: 13 - 14

Yesterday morning the Lord placed upon my heart a desire to go to my father's house and try one more time to resolve things with my family.

Spurred on by this verse; "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do, and does not do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17

Because, "The Lord is full of compassion and is merciful," James 5:11, some progress was made. For that I am thankful and I look forward to God's grace and mercy extending far into the future for us.

It was one of the hardest three hours in my life, 4:00 until after seven............but I'm glad I went and I think that maybe some good will come from all of this.

Some things will never be made right.......... like the terrible injustice that my husband has suffered. But then I think of Jesus, of how He was persucuted for no reason, of how he went to the death for us anyway. Jesus loved us in spite of the revilings against Him.

I am "spent." Used up like a dirty rag tossed into the corner.

But there is hope and that is enough.

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." James 3: 17 -18

My God is an awesome God..........from Cathy





No comments: