Thursday, February 5, 2009

green jello

It's been a bad run, but it's a gorgeous, cold winter day.

I think when one illness strikes it leaves us open to a string of successive ailments.

After calling yet another doctor this morning for a UTI that came on blazingly during the night, I was given another round of antibiotics to put into my poor, confused body.

The good news is that as I write I am eating a bowl of bananas with a little ice-cream on top.......you know, trying to build up my strength and I have lost almost ten pounds.

Who could ask for more than that?

Sometime during last Monday night in my phengren (anti-nausea med) induced sleep, I started to think about green jello. I was craving it so much when I woke up that I called Erika at the crack of dawn and asked if she would make me some.

I couldn't ask Bubba because about two hours after I got the stomach flu, he came down with the same. I lost my helper....the one who was handing me the cool, soothing wash cloth to wipe my brow. It became every man for himself which is a sad state to be in with this particular ailment.

But, back to the green jello, David arrived with my desire soon thereafter, and I scarfed the first bowl down like there was no tomorrow. I ate every bit of it on through that day.

I just want to say thank you to David and Erika, for the green jello, you'll never know what it meant to me.

I want to also thank my husband for telling me just now that I didn't look as bad as I did this morning. Poor dear, I know he thought that was a compliment.......

Healing for me will come from the good Lord Himself when He gets ready.

In the meantime I will wait patiently and eat green jello.

love ya, c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I hope you feel better soon! You sure have had more than your share lately.

Keeping you and Bubba in my prayers.

Margaret