Monday, May 18, 2009

a bed that gets higher and higher

We are having some wild and crazy weather here on Tybee Island.
No one has even dared to venture out on the beach today.......
It is quiet except for the gentle falling rain and my washer and dryer.

An early tropical system is to hit the Florida straights today and bring wet & windy conditions up the coast for the rest of the week. Love it........absolutely!

I am staying home today doing chores.......
My washer is so small that it takes twice as long to get the laundry done.
I have found that dishwasher detergent is an amazing way to get the shower clean.
My stacks are growing and need to be dealt with.
And my bed....oh the bed; it is a work in progress.

First of all we found that the frame was put together incompetently. After removing the mattress and box springs and outcropping the bed risers, repairs were made and newly cut bed slats were installed to stabilize everything.

After putting the bed back together, I laid out my new foam mattress topper adding two more inches of height.

I now need a stepstool to get into the bed. It is ridicously high, but O so comfy. Erika will be so proud the next time she sleeps in it.

Today I add the crowning touch....the bedcover and shams.

One more thing.......I just finished wrapping the ugly black bed risers in white tulle tied with ribbons because as the bed got higher, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

All in a days work and the perfect outlet for my creative juices.

yours truly, cathy c

No comments: