Saturday, May 23, 2009

the literal end of the road







What do you do when you come to the end of the road.....when the road sign is pointing into the water?
Well, you get on a ferry.
Bubba and I took a little trip down Florida way yesterday. We got our fill of antique shopping and didn't buy a thing.
On the way home I asked if we could go all the way up my favorite highway....the A1A that runs the whole east coast of the state. Many times you are driving within 50 feet of the ocean. There is so much beauty to be seen when you go that way.
There is one minor obstacle between northern Jacksonville and Amelia Island....a massive river and no bridge.
So we paid $5.00 and rode over on the huge ferry that you can see pictured above. It was so much fun!
I love adventure and exploring new places.
Just got home but wanted to share this.
night, night, cathy




1 comment:

Allison said...

I used to ride that ferry with my grandfather when i was a little girl...fun :)