Wednesday, May 20, 2009

jake's 4th birthday

I was sitting on a granite rock down by the jetties at the beach when I got the call.
Amanda, alone in Memphis, had been ordered by her doctor to get herself into the hospital right away to prepare to give birth to Jake......one month before her time was due.

Mark, at a conference, dropped everything he was doing and made it home in plenty of time. I arrived via airplane two days later.

I will never forget what it was like holding that tiny bundle in my arms for the first time. A new era of our lives had begun.

That was four years ago.

This morning I made the "Happy Birthday" call. Jake talked plainly and excitedly about his day plans and then signed off with a quick, "I love you grammy." There is nothing better than that!

Happy Birthday Jake.....I love you too.

grammy

No comments: