Monday, May 4, 2009

wreck

I had a lunch date with my aunt this morning.

At 11:20 while I was stopped in traffic a woman rammed into the back of my van.
It scared me badly and severely jolted my neck.
That is not the worst part.
She got out of her car, came to my window, and proceeded to call me the most vile, ugly, and vulgar of names. She kept on and on.

I was helpless before her.
I felt in my inner being the shame of her words to me.
My reaction was...........tears. I started crying and I couldn't stop.

The policeman was good to me and sent me off with kind words.
I never made it on my lunch date.

I am raw inside emotionally from all of the hurt from the last years and months and weeks............ now this. I will weather this trial too in Christ and will grow from it. He is always good.

I pray for this vile woman who had her grandson in the car with her. May He open her heart to know Him and put a hot coal to her lips that destroyed me this morning and others I am sure.

I am truly thankful for those of you who love me and keep in touch and encourage me daily.

I had picked out a verse that I wanted to share tonight. I will post it anyway. I hope it is as exciting to you as it was to me.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly I say to you, he who hears my word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgement, but has passed out of death into life."

I cry as I write tonight, but I rejoice in the verse that is written above.

cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I am so sorry you had to go through that awful ordeal. And glad you had a policeman that was kind. Just keep in mind that you have a much better life with God in your life and hope that she may someday find Him in hers. This too shall pass.
Donna

Anonymous said...

I too Cathy am so sorry for this encounter with this evil woman.
She probably really helped her
case with the police.
Know that you are loved by all
around you and hope that your "neck' will not make you suffer more.
Estelle