Friday, May 29, 2009

lucy and nathan

I just got back from my 30 minute power walk.......
lubed the joints and got the heart pumping fast.

Lucy called while I was out and left a message for me to call her. She was getting ready for bed and wanted to tell me that she loves me.....THAT made my day.

Today Lucy and I had lunch at Casey's Grill with Aunt Jackie, Emily, and Lucy's new found cousin Nathan. They hit it off right from the start. Nathan is five and he aspires a career in astronomy. He likes to build things and do creative art projects. Nathan and his mom Emily live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We were very glad to get to spend time with them.

Casey's Grill is a very delicious place to eat by the way.

On Sunday we are going to DC for a little getaway and then on to the Hollingsworth's home in Lanexa to stay with Jake and Eli while Mark and Amanda take a little trip to celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary.

My words for today...............

There are so many ways to share God's love. People need our tangible help, a smile, our cheerful, encouraging words or just a time to sit together in silence. They need our prayers, our compassion, and our time. They need hope in Christ and in His blessed word.

Praise be to God for His indescribable gift.

3 comments:

Grammie Trish said...

AWESOME!!!! Do we have beautiful grandchildren or what?

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish, Your grandson is really handsome and looks just like his grandmother.
So glad the cousins got to meet.
Estelle

grammie cathy said...

Aw Trish, it was so good to see them. Nathan is a delight and Emily such a great mom to him. She is beautiful!