Sunday, November 8, 2009

bubba ~ cathy

He likes numbers ~ I like words
He is a realist ~ I am a hopeless romantic
He likes air force blue ~ I like black and white and shades of gray.
He forges ahead ~ I lay back
He watches TV at night ~ I read in my comfy chair
He likes military fight songs ~ I like love songs
He wears a uniform ~ I wear linen and ruffles and silk
He sleeps on his back ~ I sleep on my stomach
He collects silver coins ~ I collect cute shoes
He likes MEAT and potatoes ~ I like POTATOES and a little bit of meat
He talks loud ~ I am soft spoken

Things we enjoy together:

Road trips
Antiquing
Grand parenting
Preparing and eating good food
Bicycling
Watching what goes on out on the ocean

What makes "Us" work?

We pray together almost every night
We enjoy communicating with each other
He rules the roost with unconditional love
We give each other PLENTY of space
I respect him immensely
He adores me

What are our greatest treasures?

Knowing God
Having a saving knowledge of His Son Jesus Christ
Being led by the Holy Spirit
The Word of God
Each other
Our children and their spouses
Our grandchildren
Our family
Our friends

Bubba, there is no other person I know on this earth that has such a servants heart as you. In the face of the horrible persecution that we are going through, you take the time to pray for your persecutors and lead me to do the same.

Best of all, after almost 40 years of marriage he still says that
" I put the beautiful in his life. "

One more thing:

thanks for the place at the beach
my Rebel Canon camera
my diamond earrings

Your true companion, cathy

No comments: