Tuesday, November 10, 2009

pay close attention

I always stay out of politics on my blog.
Bubba and I both keep each other informed about what's going on in that realm.
He sends e-mails many times a day for me to read and we discuss when he gets home.
It has always been a fun and interesting past time.

Things in our country have changed, though. It's not so much fun anymore.
It is deadly serious.
I implore you to pay close attention to what our lawmakers in Washington are doing behind closed doors.

Don't listen to what they are saying........ watch what they are doing.
Be informed and get to know your senators and congressmen very well.
We pay them and they work for us. Let's be sure they are representing us as they should.

Switching gears......

I love libraries. I am always in awe when I walk in. The smell of words written on paper.
Rows and rows of books to be discovered and read. The Tybee branch is right across the street from where we live.

I will always have a soft spot for this particular library.
When my mom was in the nursing home for so long I spent much time here at Tybee by myself. I would go to the library everyday to use their computer to stay in touch with family and friends and write my blog.

I took The Pillars of the Earth back this afternoon. There was no fine. This was a very excellent book which took place in the Middle Ages between 1135 and 1174 AD. It was a sweeping saga of a man who was a master builder of a cathedral and his family. I am thankful for the changes that Christianity has brought since those times.

Heard this definition at Bible study yesterday. I was stunned.....

hypocrisy ~ using spiritual means to cover up sin.
More on this later.

until the night is over....
cathy

No comments: