Monday, November 9, 2009

keeping harry

To all you parents out there...
This is the type of things we grammys do when you are away.

This picture is Harry all wrapped up in my drapes playing peek-a-boo with me.
I think this is the reason for their complete love and devotion.

Today I pulled this little boy over to the playground in the big yellow wagon.
I find this along with teeter-tottering and swinging a fine way to stay in shape.

Harry went with me to my Bible study this morning.
That went fine as did our lunch of delicious mac and cheese and tomato soup at Panera.

Now the key to a good day is managing to get the baby home for his afternoon nap without him falling asleep in the car. If he falls asleep in the car the long awaited two hour afternoon nap is history. My problem today was that his designated nap place was here at the beach.

I lost him halfway home in spite of singing and dancing and every crazy antic I could think of. Sure enough there was no further nap for him.

I had even resorted to giving him my lip gloss to hold. I screwed the top on extremely tight to where I knew he could not budge it. The first time I looked back he was frantically applying that gooey stuff to his lips. What amazed me was that he knew exactly what to do with it.

Oh well.....it was a happy, fun-filled day.

Oh by the way....I will finish my book tonight and I will pay the fine tomorrow.

cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harry is great kid to love, he is always open to hugs and kisses.
That smile and those eyes will get you everytime.
Give him a hug for me!!!
His Great Auntie,
Estelle