Friday, November 27, 2009

thankful for a great...

THANKSGIVING

I've never seen so much food and so many people happy to be eating.
My only regret is that I didn't get any pictures to share with this blog.
I left my sandisk in my computer and did not replace it in my camera. :(

The lovely event was held at the beautiful and spacious home of Frankie and Sally.
The combination of Thanksgiving treasures collected over the years and candlelight made the perfect setting for our feast...

deep-fried turkey and dressing
sweet potatoes
green beans
ham
hash brown potato casserole
savannah red rice
pineapple bake
cranberry relish and sauce
bubba's famous turnip greens
macaroni and cheese and
rolls
with coffee and cake for desert made us all happy and lethargic for the remainder of the afternoon.

The fellowship was superb and lasted until well into the evening.
Joining with the hosts were...

Aunt Dottie
Aunt Jackie
Mike and Kim and Catie
Robbie
Robert and Mary Ann
Lisa
Jeff
Bubba and myself.

I was in bed with lights out at 8:20 thoroughly exhausted and letting the turkey do it's slumbering work.....but what a sweet day it was.

Thank you Lord for the blessings of this life, for the comfort of family and Your provision. You alone are the Most High God and You make all things possible. I praise Your name in thanksgiving.

cathy

No comments: