Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thanksgiving.....

is without a doubt my favorite holiday.
I get lost and crazy in the mad rush of Christmas.
At thanksgiving you get to relish in the joy of just being together with those you love and those who love you.

There is time to sit and talk and linger over a cup of delicious coffee.
There is the heavy aroma of leaves burning and sweet potatoes simmering on the stove.
There is knowledge that magical Christmas is coming, but there is still time......
just to enjoy each other and count our many blessings one by one.

Today I want to thank Sally.
She didn't know that I needed to be encouraged yesterday.
What I've been going through for the last five years has taken a huge toll on me.
She cares.
She doesn't say, "Put it behind you.......move on with your life."
She says, "I know you can't completely because it hurts too much."

Sally, Bless you. I'm praying for you....I am glad you are getting better.

We are going to have a big, happy Thanksgiving out at Frankie and Sally's house two weeks from today.
We are going to put on quite a party.
We are going to decorate, and cook, and relish in the gathering of family and friends.

Today I am thankful for the people that God has put in my life.
You are all, each one of you, a true blessing from the Lord.

cathy

No comments: