Friday, November 20, 2009

remember beanies?

This turkey is named Gobbles.
I had two put away in a box that was opened while Lucy was here this morning.
Now one of them belongs to Lucy.
Gobbles went everywhere we went today and got rave reviews.

Remember those coveted "intact" tags?
In yesteryears these beanies were of no special value without their tag.
Lucy ripped the tag off as soon as we got in the car this morning.
I winced, but realized at once that these stuffed critters had not made me a millionaire.

Lucy and I ate Mexican for lunch today.
I have a love/hate relationship with Mexican food.
I knew the minute we walked into the restaurant that it was not going to be good.
There was a smell that turned me off immediately.
My favorite things are the chips and salsa and even those were not good.
We ordered cheese enchiladas....Lucy loved hers and I covered mine with a napkin.
What is wrong with me????

Much thought and preparation is starting to go into the big feast.
Does anyone out there have a recipe for old fashioned corn bread dressing?
I visited and talked with my Aunt Dottie about this today.
While she was telling me about how she and Nana made theirs I started salivating.
I remember it so well.....never been any quite like it since.
What I really need are the drippings from the turkey and we fry our turkey.

"Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel,
who alone works wonders." Psalm 72:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can get a couple of turkey wings, wrap them in tinfoil and bakc them, that will give you some drippings, of course any pieces will do, thighs or legs.
Yes, my Nana could really make good
dressing, so could Dottie.
You should have tasted her chicken and dumplings.She made her own, no box of frozen ones for her, Ha!
ECD